Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.
Well, this was newsletter week, which took up a good deal of time for me. The biggest news is that we're releasing a new Powers Squared issue later this month, #29 "Agnes Wreckage, Part 2". In this issue, with Agnes's Viribus-induced powers raging beyond her control, Marty, Eli and Mocha work with Dr. Atlas to stop her before she reaches and wreaks havoc on San Romero Community College. It's scheduled for October 28th, to coincide with our tabling that weekend at L.A. Comic-Con.
Unfortunately, I don't have anymore information on our appearance at this time. Hopefully, more information will be coming my way and I will share it when I know it.
Speaking of Powers Squared, I think we're now on to page #6 of issue #31, which should be coming out next year.
And the last bit of news on the comic book, we've rebranded the website from Powers Squared Comic Book to SRCC Press to better emphasize that we're more than just the one book. The web address stays the same, only the name has changed to protect the innocent. It also fits as we're trying to table as SRCC Press.
No new review for me this week. We punted on Saturday night, having gotten our Covid and flu shots that morning. MST3K came to the rescue, but only one of the four of us made it through the screening as it was.
Trophy Unlocked has moved into Halloween mode, and as such, the Saturday Morning Review was Paul's for The Haunted Mansion (2003), a horror comedy. For the next four Saturdays, it will also be horror films, and three of the next four reviews will be mine, so stay tuned.
Our podcast this week, was a look at Video Game Movies. We talk a little about the history as well as films that worked, and those which didn't. You can watch it on our Twitch channel for the next few days, or listen to it or find a platform here, or wait and watch it on Wednesday at 2:30 when it goes up on our YouTube channel (@powerssquared).
The work on Cold Case, unfortunately took a bit of a backseat. I did do some work on it, but minimal. The current count is 24,371 words, which is only about 700 more than last week.
Cold Case, along with pages from the next Powers Squared, will be my focus next week, and I promise to do some, at least, pre-query work as well. I think I've putting that off for about as long as I can.
Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing, and I'll see you back here next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment