Sunday, April 21, 2024

A Week in Writing #505 - Work/Sleep Balance

Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

I know we all speak about a work/life balance but I'm dealing with a writing/sleep balance, in that by the time I get around to writing, I'm good for about an hour before I drop or lose the ability to make coherent thoughts. I'm sure this is something that plagues a lot of amateur writers with day jobs and families, so I know I'm not alone in this.

While I've been working on the Skylar story, there are times when I'm not as imaginative as I need to be in order to put down what I want to write. I'm getting through it, but sometimes I get to the point where I have to write something and my mind is not concentrating, if you know what I mean. I'll keep at it, but sometimes the progress is slower than I'd like.

The work on new issues of Powers Squared is sort of piecemeal. Our artist did deliver four pages of edits and two more draft pages of the newest issue, #27, we're working on. I'm not sure what our colorist is working on spefically, though I suspect she's finishing up #26 and our letterer just finished issue #24.

I had had high hopes of doing a Kickstarter this year, but I wanted to use #24 and #25 as part of the rewards and I'm not sure when it will be done. I'm also thinking that we need to have a bigger mailing list than we have now, since it hasn't really grown in quite a while. My attempts here have not been fruitful. I'm still hoping to do the LA Comic-Con this year and hope that we can add names to the list there. If you know of someone who might be interested or you yourself might be, please enroll today at SRCC; it's FREE.

This week's podcast, OAPS #240 - Kaiji (The Anime) is Great, has Trevor joining the show to discuss with Paul, the anime series. You can listen to it now here or watch it here on Wednesday pm. Next week is our monthly Team Meeting. Before we launch into Transformers Month in May, as well as FCBD with Rachel joining us for those shows.

My review of American Fiction was the Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked. I first watched the film on my phone during a recent flight and then again at home with my family before I wrote the review. I'm currently working on one for A Farewell to Arms (1932). Don't know when that will go up, but I have to finish it first.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment