Sunday, May 14, 2023

A Week in Writing #456 - One Up, Three Down


Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing. Happy Mother's Day as well, if it applies to you.

You might have noticed that I haven't been talking about the actual process of making the comic book, Powers Squared, lately. That's pretty easily explained by the fact that we've been in sort of a lull, production-wise. Our new artist was our former colorist and had some catchng up to do before she could begin working on the new issue. The wrinkle for that issue, #24 "Gashadokuro", was written by Trevor, his first to write alone. The companion issue, #25, was written by Paul, but let's not get ahead of ourselves with that one.

It appears we're headed toward hiring a new colorist, as our new artist doesn't have the bandwidth to do both the drawing and the coloring, so there will be another process to get through to find a replacement. I'll report on that when it starts, but I'm hoping for sooner rather than later.

Just to confuse things, we did videos with our artist emeritus the last two weekends. Both videos have been about Free Comic Book Day: What's in My Bag,  Part 1 and What's in My Bag, Part 2 - The Discussion. In the first video, which we made a week ago Saturday, was about what issues we picked up at our local comic book store; and the one we made this past Saturday was about what we read and our thoughts about them. You'll have to watch to see.

And those are additional videos to our normal podcast, which this week was about Summer Movies 2023. We'll getting back into comic books next week with our next Comic Book Club and the next week, our team meeting.

Did my usual query this week but also DNRd three that seem to have outlived the timetable of the agency where they were submitted. I'm sure I'll probably hear something more official from one of them in the coming months but for now the queries are dead, as far as I'm concerned.

I wrote a review of Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, which we watched on Friday night. And, no, no knowledge of the board game it's based on is required. Not sure when it will appear but probably soon as it is still out in theaters.

Busy week on Trophy Unlocked, starting with my review on Monday of Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3. Wednesday was Game Day with Trevor's review of  Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, followed on Friday with his review of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. The Saturday Morning Review was Paul's for The Angry Bird Movie, which I believe is the last review from the movies we watched during our recent plane rides to and from Dallas in April.

Work continues on Skylar. I won't say rewrite since I haven't yet finished the draft and I'm to a point where I will probably be deleting more than I'm adding for awhile, so no word count this time as it will probably only go down.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing, and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment