Sunday, February 19, 2023

A Week in Writing #444 - Getting SomeThings Done For a Change


Hope everyone is staying safe, and, of course, writing.

More time spent this week prepping the next issue of Powers Squared, #16 "Mocha and Raven, Part 1", this time for Kindle fka ComiXology. I transferred the pages to .pngs since the Kindle Comic Creator app didn't seem to like .tiffs and .pngs are better than .jpgs. The KCC is a bit clunky and it took more than one go to get it right. On Saturday, Paul and I loaded it up to Kindle and now we're in that awkward waiting for approval game. With the last issue, that took what I think was a couple of weeks, which is just too long. We missed the release date, though we're not counting on Kindle for the release.

Sent off to have proofs made at Artithmeric and Ka-Blam on Wednesday. Received the Ka-Blam one back on Saturday, which I think is pretty impressive. Haven't looked at it yet, I'm always thinking of unboxing videos. The other platform we output to is GlobalComix but there is no review, it just goes up, so we can put that one off for a few days. Anyway, we're looking to a March 15th release date.

Got some feedback on one of my future scripts for Powers Squared from Paul. It seems sort of fitting but it's a spin-off of the characters we're introducing in Issue 16, titled Billy and Raven. Paul's suggestion was to sort of invert the story and I think that would work better, so I'm going to have to try that.

Finished two reviews this week, for Dick Tracy (1945) and Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris. I'm also done with the writing but haven't posted it yet, so I'm technically still not done with Rockabye (1932) and I think it's going to fall to me to write one for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, which we watched this afternoon. The Saturday Morning Review on Trophy Unlocked was Paul's review of Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. We're trying to play catch up with the Academy nominations.

One new query this week, so patting myself on the back for that, for Broken People. I came close but stopped short of doing one for Past, Present, the book I've been considering putting out. I think I got flusttered with the actual query letter; while it won't be much different than the one for Broken People, I still have to summarize the story, which is what gave me pause.

While I normally bemoan my lack of work on Skylar, I did have a good session on Friday afternoon and another one on Saturday afternoon. I'm back to editing what I've already done but have made some changes and am considering another one that came to me while editing. The point is, it's getting there.

Well, that about wraps it up for me. Keep writing and I'll see you back here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment