Sunday, October 9, 2022

A Week in Writing #425 - Halloween is Coming

Hope everyone is staying safe and, of course, writing.

If you read Trophy Unlockedand you should, you'll notice that we're in the middle of two different month-long themes; Halloween, of course, with Paul's review of Hocus Pocus 2 as the Saturday Morning Review and Silent Hill. Paul has been very into the Silent Hill franchise and has been saving up his reviews for this month's blowout. So far this week, Monday was Silent Hill (Game), Wednesday was Silent Hill (Film) and Friday was Silent Hill 3And there is more to come, believe me, on both themes.

This week, I've got two reviews to work on, Everything Everywhere All at Once and When Worlds Collide. I've only done research but I haven't written anything on either. And reviews aren't going to be my priority this week.

I made an effort this week to work on fka Skylar. Most of my writing early this week was working on that book. To keep me honest, let's start keeping track of the word count, 47709. I know, I've been working on this for a while now but I think I've turned the corner with the story and it should be more straightforward going from here. I can't guarantee I'll be making progress in leaps and bounds but I'll stay with it. I wish I could spend more time on it but there always seems to be other things to work on.

A lot of activity this week with Powers Squared. Our artist, Rachel Wells, sent us thumbnails for the first eight pages of Issue #23, her last with us. Later in the week, Julia Canon, our colorist, sent us the first eight pages of Issue #22. Everything is reviewed and approved and it's all part of the process.

Speaking of Powers Squared, our next issue, Issue 14, The Imposter Part 2, comes out on the 19th, so I'll be sending around a press release. If you're curious about the book, you can go to The Campus Store and find out where you can purchase past issues. I'll be putting up links for the new issue in the next few days.

Our OAPS this week was pre-recorded. The guest, Jon Dexter, has a new Kickstarter going, so we wanted to support him. The audio is available at  https://powerssquaredcomicbook.com/oaps and the video goes up on Wednesday at 2:30 pm PT on our YouTube channel.

Next week, Rachel and Julia will be doing the show without us again. The last one was a lot of fun, so I would encourage everyone to catch it at 6 pm PT Friday at twitch.tv/powerssquared.

I got back into querying again this week. Sent one and wrote off a couple that were past their expiration dates.

Well, that about does it for me. Keep writing and I'll see you back here next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment