Sunday, January 19, 2020

A Week in Writing #282 - Getting Back into a Groove


The first week of the year that things seem to have gotten back to normal. That's not to say that I did everything I wanted to do, but I do feel like I got some things done.

More work on The Runaway and a new twist that seemed to grow organically from the rewrite. Honestly, I'm not sure where it will lead, but it is a path I'm going down for the moment. The rewrite becomes less like editing and more like actual writing. I worked sporadically on the book, so it's not every day, as much as I would like it to be.

I'm liking the twist but I'm not sure it will solve the larger issue I was having, which was the book was coming up short. Hopefully, the new direction will lead to more story and more pages.

Continued work on Powers Squared, though as always it seems to be more business-side than the creative-side. The big issue at present is trying to find a new colorist. If money were no object then I don't think this would be an issue but it is and is. We're hopeful that we can find a balance between talent and price.

We tried again this week to solidify a signing. We had a good meeting about it prior to New Year's but not a word since. We had emailed them but no response, so I thought I would try going to the store and see if I could talk to someone face to face. Apparently, they don't work on Saturdays so I guess I'll have to follow up during the week. Making phone calls is always problematic given the situation I'm in at work. I sit at one of those long, no real privacy tables, so I have to go outside to make or take a call. But those are the circumstances so I'll have to cope. I would really like to nail this down this week.

Trophy Unlocked is getting closed to 1000 reviews. My reviews, by design, are not part of the final countdown. I'm totally okay with that. This week, we published two reviews, Tron: Evolution - Battle Grids for the Wii and a Second Look - Tron: Evolution for the PS3.

I did write a review this week, about 1200 words about The Cat In The Hat (1971), a CBS TV Special. Normally, we don't do TV shows but in this case, I wanted to make an exception. We ended up watching this on our usual Movie night. It was a random selection and it was so bad that we decided to ditch the DVD first chance we get. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Well, that will do it for this week. Keep writing and I'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment