Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Week in Writing #79

Spent most of the week on rewrites on both the mystery novel and a couple of comic book scripts.

As far as Public and Private, I finished one pass through the novel. I'm sure there will be more before I'm done. Would like to have one more discussion with my editor, but I'm anxious to query the manuscript around. I don't have enough heartache in my life at the moment, so some quick rejections or, better yet, no responses will put me in my place. When I do, I'll be sure to write about my experiences here.

The first issue of PowerSquared, our comic book, is slowly coming together. We've got six pages inked and four pages colored, but no pages lettered. It's an interesting experience for me to see it come to life. I'm also discovering, probably to my co-writer and artist's chagrin that the script wasn't quite as complete as I thought.

One of the things I did this week was do some re-writes on future stories, you know just in case. While re-reading one with an echo back to this story, I was disappointed that I hadn't done a better job of explaining what we needed in a particular image in a couple of the panels. I thought I was done for the night, but I had to get up and email our artist about the changes I realized we needed to make.

Need to be thinking about what we need to do to submit this to possible publishers. I know I need five complete pages, as a sample, but even then, I'd like to get some feedback before going too far in the process.

As far as my other blog, Trophy Unlocked, goes I published a new review of an old film A Mouse That Roared (1959). I also started to work on one for Ferris Bueller's Day Off, but that's not finished yet. I always like to have a project for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment