Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Week in Writing #33

Some days it just seems like I can never get as much traction going as I'd like. When I get home, if I haven't started writing before dinner, then I might not get another chance until it is almost time to go to bed. By that time, the mind is willing, but the body fails me. This has been one of those weeks for me. Never quite got into the groove. I'm not having writer's block or anything like that, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day.

Family commitments basically took away a whole day, Saturday, though I did have time to post a review on Trophy Unlocked: Three on a Match (1932), another Pre-code film. The response has been better than I had expected. When you're counting pageviews in the tens, 25 in a day and a half is a lot. I don't really expect to get much more, at least not right away.

One of the things I didn't get a chance to do was write a review of our Friday night film, Shakespeare in Love, but I hope to work on that during the week. That may be my writing project, along with trying to finish the comic book script I started last week. I'm into a Part 3 on this draft and about 6300 words.

Spent some time this past week trying to rewrite the ending to Public and Private, but my editor did not like my efforts. We decided to table this bit and start in again from the top. I really appreciate the bad reviews as well as the good advice. As I always say, my goal is to make the book better and salable.

Nothing new on the query front, none sent and none returned. Haven't looked at my spreadsheet all week. As I said, I never quite got things going this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment