Sunday, December 14, 2014

A Week in Writing #15

Keeping to my success with PitMad, I entered something called PitchMas, another twitter-inspired mass pitch-fest, with the top 50 pitches being featured on the blog at http://pitchmas.blogspot.com/.
I came across this one quite by accident and unfortunately did not make the cut. Par for the course, I'm afraid.

As promised, I nudged the agent who has the manuscript for A Killer Blog. Unfortunately, the agent isn't accepting new queries and has her email set to send out such a notice the way some people have their work email tell you they're out of the office. The result is I don't have an update for you. I don't know if my follow up made it to her eyes or not. I'm hoping no news is good news. It would be better for the agent to contact me, rather than me contact the agent.

Not sending out any new queries until the new year, but I did find a useful blog I'd like to share: http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/guide-to-literary-agents. I'm finding agents and details that I haven't found on Query Tracker, which is my go-to site. Still accumulating agents to query.

Published one review on Trophy Unlocked for A Christmas Story: http://trophyunlocked.blogspot.com/2014/12/stubs-christmas-story.html  and wrote two more future posts totaling about 5800 words between the two.

Even with those reviews, I'm not sure I made my 1000 words a day goal this past week. Still working on my rewrites for Familiar Stranger and still seemingly caught in a mobius strip of editing. Having a hard time getting it going.

Anyway, that's all for this week. While I will post next Sunday, I can't guarantee how much holiday creep will effect my output. Cards to write, etc. Do those count? I didn't think so.

1 comment: